Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sesame St. FTW

Who as a kid didn't like Sesame St? Trick question! There's no answer to that. Everybody loved Sesame St. I still love Sesame St, perhaps now more than ever. Their special guests just keep getting more frequent and they keep booking artists closer and closer to my heart. Here, take a closer look at some of my favourite clips:

Goo Goo Dolls! Remember way back when?



Brings back good memories! But it also reminds me of how disturbingly cute Elmo can be.

Backstreet Boys! Before the reunion!




James Blunt, with a lovely rendition of "My Triangle" (sung to the tune of "You're Beautiful")



Aha ha ha ha. "I don't want to talk about it... But I can sing about it!" Brilliant! Oh, Blunty...

Here's Feist with a self-cover of "1, 2, 3, 4"



It's like the song was specifically written to be but on Sesame St.

And OMG it's Neil Patrick Harris as the SHOE FAIRY. Well actually, I can't embed the video below because the youTube Sesame St accounts has issues with embedding, but trust me, you want to click the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDaszN9ByxM

It may very well be the best link you'll ever be redirected from this blog. I'll embed the video if it's ever available for that. Mr. Harris never ceases to amaze me. So talented! And I still haven't gotten over my initial fangirl phase of Dr. Horrible.

And this one isn't musical, and it's a slightly older clip but it was one of my favourites as I scoured youTube for Sesame St's guest stars. Robert DeNiro. The man knows funny.



Hey! Look at me, I'm a cabbage! Good source of Riboflavin!

No comments: