Thursday, August 28, 2008

August Updates

When I neglect my blog for a long time, I end up with a long agenda of things to do, which means that to get it all over with, I have to put everything I wanted to say in a condensed form over the course of an "Updates" post. This is one of those posts.

1) Adding to Edie's last post, Ryerson University has also announced their frosh concert line up. The biggest names on the list are Thunderheist, Zaki Ibrahim and Kardinal Offishall as the headliner. However, according to the below flyer, you'll need Ryerson student ID to get in. I s'ppose you could still take a visit to the Toronto island and just HAPPEN to stumble upon it... But don't take my word for it.



2) Earlimart's headed on tour with the Wedding Present and has asked us very nicely to list their dates. Aw shucks, we'd do anything for you guys.

September 18 – San Diego, CA @ Casbah

September 19 – Los Angeles, CA @ Troubadour

September 21 – San Francisco, CA @ Great American Music Hall

September 23 – Eugene, OR @ John Henrys

September 24 – Seattle, WA @ Neumos

September 25 – Portland, OR @ Doug Fir Lounge

September 26 – Vancouver, Canada @ Media Club

You know what would make this tour even better? If they came to Toronto. Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.

Earlimart - For the Birds
(mp3) (buy)

Wedding Present - Don't Take Me Home Until I'm Drunk (mp3) (buy)

Note to self: I still gotta do some writing about the Weddding Present. I've taken quite a liking to them. You can expect that sometime in the near future.

3) The Silent Years's album was officially released on two days ago on the 26ths. They decided to celebrate by putting the new album, "The Globe", up for streaming and also with a new video. What generous fellows!

The Silent Years - On Our Way Home



The Silent Years - Black Hole (mp3) (buy)

4) Expect more updates soon.

No comments: