Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Oh, My Dears...


Okay, so the Dears have been keeping low key before they release their next full length, entitled "Missiles" on October 21 2008. You can preview tracks such as "Meltdown in A Major" at their website.

I love their epic, melancholic Smiths-like sound but with previous song titles such as "You and I are a gang of losers" and "22: the death of all romance", I find myself thinking of the Flight of the Conchords song, "Cheer up Murray." So come on,"Cheer up Murray [Lightburn]/Don't let it get you down/Pick yourself up off the ground/It's gonna be alright".

You know it's going alright with a Polaris nomination and an awesome track record already.

Dears - You and I are a gang of losers (mp3) (buy it)
Dears - 22: the Death of all Romance (mp3) (buy it)

No comments: