Sunday, January 24, 2010

Galapaghost

Exactly one month ago we received a few tracks off Galapaghost's EP, Our Lost Generation. It's really a shame that I didn't listen to them earlier, but I guess finding them in my inbox now is just as well. They're keeping me good company in my love-hate relationship with the winter blues.


Our Lost Generation was written, recorded and produced by Casey Chandler. He calls his music the fusion of ukulele and indie pop, "ukel-indie rock" if you will. You know what? I think that's one of my favourite genres of music. The EP sways between summer lullabies and sweet contemplative ballads. It's perfect for a cloudy Sunday afternoon like today, where all you really want to do is curl up in bed with a decent book and some relaxing tunes.

Galapaghost - Lost Generation (mp3) (amazon) (iTunes) (mySpace)
Galapaghost - Smile (mp3) (amazon) (iTunes) (mySpace)

You can stream the entire 6-track EP on his mySpace page. Currently Casey is putting together a band to further the Galapaghost project that, as you can hear has already seen a very promising beginning.

1 comment:

Virak said...

I'm glad I stumbled upon your post while changing my oil because "Smile" sounds amazing on this weird winter day. Thanks for the new discovery and rock on.