Saturday, April 24, 2010

Farewell Cruel World Tour

Today, I accidently banged my leg against a filing cabinet leaving a large bluish bruise.

Today, I found out an entire part of my email account had been lost due to a server error.

Today, I had to beg a local concert hall to reinstate $200 tickets that my sister had lost.

No biggie. It's not such a bad day.

Then I find out Voxtrot broke up. WTF?! FML!

Voxtrot is/was one of my favourite bands of the last few years. I have played their songs so many times in the car, on my computer, on CD, while studying, that if you factor in all that time, it probably adds up to tens of thousands of hours. It's just THAT fantastic. They were a Texas band with anglophilic tendencies, loved by bloggers and sad eyed kids alike. They were awesome popsmiths and they leave us with a few EPs and one full length LP. Luckily for those in the States, they will be a few final shows on their Farewell Cruel World Tour:

MAY 21 – Chicago, IL @ Lincoln Hall
MAY 22 – Appleton, WI @ Lawrence University
MAY 27 – Los Angeles, CA @ Echoplex *
MAY 29 – San Francisco, CA @ Great American Music Hall *
JUNE 3 - Austin, TX @ Emo's
JUNE 23 – Washington, DC @ Black Cat
JUNE 26 – New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom

* w/ International Waters (Mitch from Voxtrot)

Voxtrot, you'll be missed!

Although I am happy to report that many of the members have new projects in the works. Mitch Calvert is in a band called International Waters, Jared Van Fleet has his solo project, Sparrow House, and Matt Simon and Jason Chronis play in JC & Co., The Black, and Belaire. Ramesh Srivastava probably has some tricks up his sleeve too.

Voxtrot - Berlin Without Return (mp3) (buy)

Voxtrot - Raised by Wolves (mp3) (buy)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

youre out of bandwidth. ahh i can't believe voxtrot is breaking up!! thanks for your awesome music