Monday, July 7, 2008

July Updates

My gosh. I'm sure I've said this before. Damn, it's been a while.

Anyhow, to summarize my excuses for being tardy, I've been fairly busy. What with graduating from high school, getting all my university application documents finalized, and such. No big deal, right? Aside from that, I've also got a tendency to be lazy.

Moving right along now. I've got a two major updates I want to make, since I've been away.

1) Kill Kill Kill

No, that's not a command, silly. That's a band. They were the first ever to contact Impressionable Youth in regards to their music, so there was an immediate sort of affection for them because they helped us reach another blog milestone. Quite interesting, really. To be honest, I wasn't quite sure how to review music of their genre. Think somewhat mostly experimental-instrumental with a lot of distortion and a strange undertone of apprehension. Nonetheless, I'm a sucker for vocals, so here's a few tracks by them that include them.

Kill Kill Kill - Dark Cold Dark (mp3)
Kill Kill Kill - Pink Eye (mp3)
Kill Kill Kill - Hang Sleep (mp3)

These tracks can be found along with many more at their blog.

2) Earlimart


I fell in love with this these guys last year with the release of Mentor Tormentor. They're back, now (so quickly?!) with a new one. Hymn and Her is the name of the album, released on the first of July. Their way with words amuses me to no end. So do their oh so soothing melodies. Perfect for waking up to on a lazy summer day.


Earlimart - For the Birds (mp3)
Earlimart - Before it Gets Better (mp3)
Earlimart - Face Down in the Rights Town (mp3)

Visit their mySpace, here.

No comments: