Monday, January 5, 2009

March Is Going To Be a Good Month

March is going to be a good month for album releases. Here are the two I'm looking forward to.

Joel Plaskett will be releasing a triple album in March. "Triple album"?! I've never even heard of that! It's gonna be three (wow, three!) discs! Mmmmmm.


"A new record for a new year. Well, three new records for one year to be exact. March, I’ve been told, so now I’ll tell you, 'March, my new triple record called 'Three'. See you in the spring. Until then: shoveling, shoveling, shoveling," quoth Joel Plaskett off his website.

Here's an unreleased one that he performed at See Vous Play way back in October of 2007. I do hope he includes it on one of those discs. Although I've been perusing YouTube, and there's not a single video for it! But here's to hoping anyway.

Joel Plaskett - Too Many Choices (live) (mp3)

Thanks to I(heart)Music for posting it so many months ago!

Also, according to a CBC Radio 3 interview Joel did last month, he's been working with Two Hours Traffic again. Looks like he'll be producing their follow up to Little Jabs. Even though it's only in pre-production now, I'm very excited.

In other album news, the Rakes' third album will be called 'KLANG'. It's set for the 23rd of March. When I heard the album name, I immediately thought, "hey that's like the Kooks, with their album called 'Konk'!"

Few people know that the Terminator is an honorary member of the Rakes.

Klang Tracklist:

You’re In It
That’s The Reason
The Loneliness Of The Outdoor Smoker
Bitchin’ in the Kitchin’
The Woes Of The Working Woman
1989
Shackelton
The Light From Your Mac
Muller’s Ratchet
The Final Hill
Never Get Married

The first single is '1989' and it'll be up for legal download a week before the album drops. Here's a video featuring an unofficial version of the track over the course of a Planet Roc studios tour in Berlin where they recorded.

the Rakes - 1989 (Unofficial)

And to tide you over until that release, here's an older track of theirs'.

The Rakes - Terror! (mp3) (buy)

No comments: