Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's 2009


It's Valentine's tomorrow. And of course, its a day that's greeted with mixed emotion. Either you love it (because someone's going to bring you flowers) or you hate it (cause no one's going to bring you flowers). So this post is about love, objectively.

F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E. by Pulp is the most accurate love song I've ever heard. Check out the lyrics:

What is this feeling called love?
Why me, why you, why here, why now?
It doesn't make no sense no.
It's not convenient no.

It doesn't fit my plans no.
It's something I don't understand oh.
F.E.E.L.I.N.G. C.A. double L.E.D. L.O.V.E.

Pulp - F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E. (mp3) (buy)

So true.

It's also about who you know, its a little bit of a cliche and you do get crazy in love (enough for fall out of a window sill):

Smashing Pumpkins - Love
(mp3) (buy)

Karelia - Love is a Cliche
(mp3) (no buy link found)

Jarvis Cocker - Tonite
(mp3) (buy)

By the way, I heart Jarvis Cocker! Please be my Valentine. I choo-choo-choose you!

No comments: