Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The lazy blogger

I haven't been blogging for a while, and while I would rather have an cool excuse for my laziness, all I've been doing with my leisure time is watching TV. Especially, "Lost" on DVD. I know, it was cool three years ago, but how would I have known how awesome the first season was? I love that TV shows are released on DVD. I'm waiting for "How I Met Your Mother Season 3" to come out on DVD because I've missed every single episode this season and it's a typical sitcom, but it works so well. I heard that my new favourite show JPod is being cancelled for next season. I always feel rather bad for the main character. Everyone inadvertently screws up his life. Poor Ethan!

Anyways, to make up for my rather lax approach to updating this site, here's a part from my new car mixtape.

And you read that right. A MIXTAPE. I still have a cassette player in my car and I tape songs onto cassettes. It makes no sense in the modern world, but I just love mix tapes. I prefer them to mp3s, podcasts, CDs or radio in the car.

1. Hawksley Workman - Tonight Romanticize the Automobile
2. Hives - Tick Tick Boom
3. Immaculate Machine - Broken Ship
4. Duke Spirit - the Step and the Walk
5. Rakes - When Tom Cruise Cries
6. Modest Mouse - Dashboard
7. Stars - Take me to the riot
8. Patrick Wolf - Overture
9. Princeton - the Indifference Curve
10. Mika - Relax, Take it easy
11. Nelly Furtado - Maneater


The I-Spies have a new album out called the "In the Night" which I am very eager to get my hands on. It's a spastic post-punk kind of sound with a British influence, and but not unlike Canadian power pop bands such as the Carnations and the Flashing Lights. This is their debut album and I can't remember when I first heard their music, but I remembered liked it immediately. They're having a CD release party at Sneaky Dee's tonight but if you're not able to make it, they have a full stream of their album on their website at www.theispies.com


Ohmigod, by the way, have you seen the Madonna promo pictures? Eww.. Is she trying to be Britney Spears? See for yourself on www.pinkisthenewblog.com title page.

No comments: