Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Did Steve tell you that perchance?

So you know who's beginning to take over the world? The formerly fourth most popular guitar-based digi-bongo acapella-rap-funk-comedy folk duo of New Zealand, otherwise known as the Flight of the Conchords.

Watch out he's a-gonna git you wit dah gitar!!!!

Too bad their official website hasn't been updated since 2006.

But I suppose you can't blame the boys. They've been busy with their self-titled HBO series after all. It's been an underground success and up for another season in the year to come.

Now I'll be honest, I haven't actually been able to watch any of the series, save for some music videos and short clips via YouTube. I don't get HBO. But I'll get my hands on the season 1 DVDs sooner or later. Rest assured. From what I hear, DazzleRazzled is a much more appropriate fan of the duo and has been trying to get Edie to watch the series for months.

But even from their music alone, it's obvious that these guys are comical geniuses.



In case you didn't get that the first time, that was:

Flight of the Conchords - Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros (featuring the Hiphopopotamus and the Rhymenoceros (mp3)

And just to amuse you, I'll give you one more off the new album, released earlier this week. Warning, this one is destructively catchy.



Flight of the Conchords - Foux du Fafa (mp3)

Ah... Genius.

No comments: